Monday, June 14, 2010

Your story...

I decided to start a separate blog for the Time Line project because I would really like to make it a little more interactive and separate it from my usual writing.

As I am processing through all of this .. I am realizing that all of it is valuable to me. The good the bad and the ugly and I really want my son to be able to tell his children stories about their grandmother…. I want them to know that my life was an adventure.

I was thinking about that… about how all of our lives are an adventure really… and as fun and grueling, and good and bad as this process is for me I wondered how many people out there have taken any time to really record their lives. Not just the dates of weddings, and baptisms, and births and deaths… but all the in between… the muckity muck…. Because that is where the adventure lies hidden… and really once it is on paper it becomes our legacy…a chance to share our experience and pass on what we learned, what we wished we had learned… and hopefully help someone else along the way.

Soooo at the end of each post I am going to ask a few “probing questions” to hopefully get you to think about your own life. And I just hope that some of you will join me in the journey. You don’t have to write every day… and you don’t even have to write a whole page full… you don't even have to write it in a blog just get a notebook and start with a sentence. Do what you can do and it will probably be more than you have ever done before.

I hope you won’t let this be one of your “one day wishes” and that you seize the day and begin your story too because I guarantee there are people who want to hear it.

After all you have been through… isn’t it worth sharing?

..................................................................................

If you are interested in joining the journey you can subscribe to this blog through an email at the top of the page. That way it is conveniently emailed right to your inbox...

No comments:

Post a Comment